How do you know whether fostering’s right for you?
It’s only natural to have a lot of questions if you’ve never fostered before. And when you don’t have all the answers it can put you off from taking that important first step. It can be nerve-wracking. We get it. That’s why we make it easy to find out whether fostering is the right role for you.
Are you wondering...
- Do I have the right skills to foster?
- Can fostering fit in with my job?
- Do I need a spare room to foster a child?
- What fostering checks are done?
- What happens when fostering goes wrong?
- How long does the fostering process take?
- How much does fostering pay?
Our information event is a great way to get the answers you need from the people who understand what’s involved and have fostered themselves.
Fostering is life-changing. Are you ready to transform a child's life?
At Diagrama Fostering we understand what a bewildering time this can be. Fostering is a life-changing experience and is a huge undertaking - with immense reward.
There are thousands of children in the UK in desperate need of a safe and secure foster home right now. And we strive to recruit the very best foster carers for the most vulnerable children in your community.
We need people who are committed to their own personal development as well as being able to support the child or children in their care to thrive.
Our information events are a great first step to find out whether you have the qualities we are looking for and the practical environment required to effectively support a child in your home.
Our online events are held monthly and last around 90 minutes. You will hear a short presentation about fostering and then have a chance to ask any questions from the people working in fostering.
What you can expect to learn at a Diagrama Fostering Information Event
Why foster carers choose to work with Diagrama
Making a difference is simple - just take the next step
This is your chance to become an inspiring role model that children in care desperately need. Taking the next step is simple:
1. ATTEND THE EVENT – We’ll meet virtually and our events are held regularly.
2. FIND OUT ABOUT FOSTERING - Meet our friendly foster carers and team online, listen to the presentation and ask any questions you may have. Meetings usually last between 1 to 2 hours.
3. KNOW WHETHER FOSTERING’S RIGHT FOR YOU - Feel confident you have honest, reliable and comprehensive information to understand whether fostering is the right pathway for you, from the people that know. Making a difference is simple - just take the next step.
Don’t let fear of the unknown stand in the way of doing something remarkable with your life
There’s no one-size-fits-all when it comes to who would or wouldn’t make a fantastic foster carer. The only way to know for sure whether it’s right for you and your lifestyle is to learn more, ask questions and think it over in your own time. Foster carers are ordinary people just like you. Some have jobs, some stay at home. Some are single, some married. Some have their own children, some have never been parents themselves before. Every case is unique and at Diagrama we consider each applicant on their own merits. If you believe you could make a positive difference to a child’s life, we’d love to hear from you. Just take the first step.